Setting goals is very important; it helps us identify what we want and how to achieve that. When we have a goal it is much easier to focus towards success as a goal is used as motivation, as a stepping stone builder and as a place to start with. Having a goal can benefit everyone, being that a small goal or a life long goal. So here are 5 simple steps that will help you set and achieve your goals.
(1) The first step is about the actual goal. When you think of a goal, think of something realistic, we are not talking about fantasies here, we are talking about specific and actual realistic goals. If you have a specific goal it will be much easier to achieve it. If your goal is to get rich there are countless ways to do that, but if your goal is to get rich by inventing something that is a different story. A specific idea and a specific goal is the first step to achieving that goal. Start from a broad goal like getting rich and work towards the question how you can achieve that or how you like would to achieve that.
(2) A goal usually requires some changes to be made and some habits to be set. Like if you want to lose 10 pounds by the end of the year and you plan to do that by jogging each morning. It may be hard to get up an hour earlier in the beginning, but after a few weeks your body and mind will get used to the idea and it will be much easier to work towards your goal. So stay consistent in your first weeks until the habit and routine kick in.
(3) Motivating yourself by reminding yourself constantly what is your goal and why you want to achieve that goal is an essential step in reaching your goal. Motivation is the better half of success, without motivation it will be extremely hard to achieve your goal.
(4) You have to set the difference between your own personal goals and the desires of others that have been forced on you as your goals. It is ok to want to please someone, but that is not your goal. Try to distinguish the difference between your parents wanting you to go to Stafford and your true wish to go to a local college near home. Think it through, but make a clear difference between what you want and what other people want for you.
(5) Embrace your mistakes and learn from them. That’s right, you will have failures, you will make mistakes on the way to the end line, but the difference will be whether you learn from them or avoid them.
We all need goals in life, for some of us they are a great way to keep track of who we are and where we are going. For others they are simply a light beacon to keep us directed. But each person with a goal is a person with success in mind, and striving to have a goal is the first step and achieving a goal, any goal.